The Power of One
Losing weight requires many changes in eating, exercise and lifestyle. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. But you don’t have to do everything at once. Start by changing one small habit. After a few days, make another small change.
- Substitute fruit for your morning doughnut.
- Switch from white bread to whole wheat.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. •Learn to read nutritional labels.
- Try a new activity: a morning walk or playing tennis.
- Turn off the snack-triggering TV for an evening.
- Start a food and fitness journal.
- Take a week off fast food.
Each little accomplishment will give you confidence to try another. Remember: A journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step!