Patient Education Modules
For healthy weight loss and successful long-term weight maintenance, health experts in the field agree that the best approach is to change not only your diet, but also your lifestyle behaviors and exercise habits. That’s why the MDweightWoRx medically supervised weight management program uses a well-rounded approach that combines a personal weight loss diet plan, along with weekly group education sessions in nutrition, behavior modification and exercise to help you learn to lose weight and have the best chance for long-term weight management success.
The MDweightWoRx program contains a variety of Patient Education Modules that teach you:
- The role vitamins and minerals play in maintaining health •How to read food labels, modify recipes and shop wisely
- To become a more mindful eater at meal and snack times •Strategies for changing a negative body image into a positive one
- Techniques to help manage stress and stay motivated throughout the weight loss process
- How to incorporate endurance, strength and flexibility activities into your day
- Practical tips to fight excuses for not exercising
- About your metabolism and the factors that influence it
- Specialized topics for patients with type 2 diabetes such as blood glucose monitoring and recording, understanding insulin and the emotional social concerns related to diabetes
Take the first step to successful weight loss and weight maintenance by contacting MDweightWoRx today.